CD’s Strength Finder results showed “Learner.” This was the results of the GALLUP – Clifton Strengths Survey. I’ve also come to discover that what comes beyond learning is unlearning – unlearning cognitive biases, mental addictions, false stories, attachments, … The phase beyond mastery to me is childhood – beginner’s mind.
I always thought my passion was more around being a “Teacher.” However, I can see that I love to learn and also then impart what I have learned (perhaps thereby creating more meaning and value to my learning). I had the benefit of learning physics first from a historical perspective – start with an early theory, understand it fully and then learn where it breaks down in edge cases to eventually be supplanted by a next theory, which in turn will eventually be found to be incomplete, … arriving at the current string theory while realizing that too is a theory, an approximation of truth.
CD’s Strength Finder Results:
- Clifton Strength-Finder Strengths
My “Signature Themes” according to Gallup:
- Learner – People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn
- Achiever – People who are especially talented in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
- Belief – People who are especially talented in the Belief theme have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.
- Arranger – People who are especially talented in the Arranger theme can organize, but they also have a flexibility that complements this ability. They like to figure out how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.
- Responsibility – People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.